Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EhteshC
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-10-15

What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? Empty
PostSubject: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 11:30 pm

Heey Helen/other management people I don't see around, why don't you guys reserve the Photoshop room with the Apples (in Room 411) once every few weeks or something? It'd be pretty great, especially if someone knew how to use Photoshop (or GIMP/GTK+ or Paintshop Pro). Some of the people could be under instruction from a tutor while the rest continued on their own pictures, editing and learning the basics of computer generated art. It would be overall a real nice hands on experience in school.

I could ask Mr. Brooks or Mr. Zamansky; I've got classes with both of them. I don't know if they'd be willing to let us in or not, but it's worth a shot and would add an interesting aspect to the Manga-ka club.

HMm lots of text.... isn't there an editing program out there specifically made out for manga/comics? Do any of you have any?

It's a suggestion; what do you guys think of it?
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 10:12 am

yea that'd be great except i can't book it online since it's not one of the rooms available for us to reserve. so please do ask Mr. Brooks or Mr. Zamansky if they'd be willing to let us use their room.
so far, i know that i can use photoshop, open canvas, and oekaki programs, gumi and yin should know how to use photoshop and oekaki (though really, if you know how to use one program, the others should be pretty similar).

yea there are programs created just for making manga: comicworks and manga studio. (though manga can still be created via photoshop)
corel painter is another highly rated program that i didn't mention above. it's mostly for creating artwork than manga though.
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 3:12 pm

That would be a nice idea. I'm not all that familiar with Photoshop, I just know maybe the super basics of most of it. I'm getting better at OpenCanvas recently though.

And...I think we can all use some hands-on instruction/practice on CGing...at least...I do.><;;
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 3:14 pm

i love the watercolor tool in opencanvas and oekaki heart2 but photoshop is also good because of all the neat layer features it has, along with the myriads of other filtering options which i haven't tested yet

Last edited by on Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 3:16 pm

HelenX wrote:
i love the watercolor tool in opencanvas and oekaki heart2

Yeah! Me too, but in Oekaki...which one's the watercolor tool? I thought there was only spraypaint...paintbrush...and pencill...><;;
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 3:23 pm

oh well there isn't really a special "watercolor" tool in oekaki but you can use the smudge tool(hand with finger pointing out) to make it have a similar effect to oC's watercolor brush
drop icon: blurs
hand with index and thumbs touching: burn (darkens colors)
black dot with line sticking out: dodge (makes highlights)
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 3:29 pm

HelenX wrote:
oh well there isn't really a special "watercolor" tool in oekaki but you can use the smudge tool(hand with finger pointing out) to make it have a similar effect to oC's watercolor brush
drop icon: blurs
hand with index and thumbs touching: burn (darkens colors)
black dot with line sticking out: dodge (makes highlights)

Ooh, so that's what you meant.

...Eheh, yeah I knew that...>.>...<.< *cough* sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 4:32 pm

lols yea. and err no need to quote when your replying to a post directly above you x_x;;
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 5:30 pm

I only know some basic functions of photoshop and how to edit manga scans to low- medium quality on it... x.x;;
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?   What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka? Empty

Back to top Go down

What about reserving the Photoshop Room (411) for Mangaka?
Page 1 of 1