Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Megatokyo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WinstonB
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Megatokyo Empty
PostSubject: Megatokyo   Megatokyo EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 12:13 am

Hasn't anyone ever read Megatokyo? It's a webcomic that started up back in 2000 about two people forced to live in Japan because they don't have the money to fly back to America. Basically, its a comedy+parody+harem webcomic.

The writer/artist does it as his full-time occupation so it should be up to par with other manga out there, and the style is manga esque, so I decided to put it here.

But the greatest thing about it is... Sega Black Ops and Sony Enforcement Division! ^.^

Last edited by on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

Megatokyo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megatokyo   Megatokyo EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 6:14 pm

It turns into a harem eventually. It's amazing how all those girls are attracted to Piro. I confuse Dom and Ed because they are mentioned early and disappear for most of the 1st and 2nd volume. Although, the first time Dom substituted for the artist, it was pretty funny but later it just hurts my eyes so I skip them when I know I shouldn't.
I think they have a main website where you can read online.
In the beginning, it starts out as 4 panel comics but soon turns into a real manga.

It's pretty funny but I don't have the motive to keep reading after the 4th volume =P

EDIT!- Here:
http://akiko.megatokyo.com/search.php?q=min%3A0
Start at the very bottom and work your way up. The pages are numbered. First one is #1 of course.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MichelleS
Villager
Villager
MichelleS

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-10-14

Megatokyo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megatokyo   Megatokyo EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 7:16 pm

I've read it too, but only one volume and it just so happened to be volume...4, i think?

If they have a site where people can read it online, I want it~ hyper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Megatokyo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megatokyo   Megatokyo Empty

Back to top Go down

Megatokyo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club :: Art :: Anime/Manga/Art Chatter-
Jump to: