Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!

Go down 
+5
LawrenceL
RaymondL
HelenX
YinlerthaiC.
NancyC
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 8:12 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
Nope. But good try.

Only about 13 days to go xD.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 8:22 pm

Not to piss everyone off.... but I was just too happy to keep this to myself.... so I'lll post it...

IKE IS IN SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL!!! love love

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 Ike

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 Ike_070801a-l

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 Ike_070801b-l

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 Ike_070801c-l

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 Ike_070801d-l
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:37 am

bwahaha, I love FE characters. I'm probably gonna be using Ike when I play at my friend's hehe. xDD

Swords = Pwnage
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 4:12 am

YAY! IKE!

((random appearance after a month of non-activeness))

I like Ike.
Still wishing SSBB would come out sooner. All these screenshots and teaser videos are making me irritated.

((disappears again))
Back to top Go down
Wen
Villager
Villager
Wen

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: 0-0   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 11:58 pm

*no gaming console cept internet* sad
but I wants KH2+ to come out in english T_T'
-------
MMORPGs completely pwn. cept they also kinda suck.

---
WoW was pretty cool before i found out there was a monthly pay.
Maple story lags too much
Illutia is too pixely
Rappelez lags so much it doesn't work
Dofus is where I avoid certain people
Flyff is where I am stalked
Back to top Go down
http://www.silentmyth.deviantart.com
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 1:48 pm

For those Smash fans, I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate Martha and Roy...they are the cheapest characters of all time. Fron looking at the screenshots of Ike, he seems to be another clone of Marth/Roy....

MMOs are fun for a while, but the grind after a while gets to me.. unless there is some cool armor woth my time to stare at.
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 6:42 pm

Wen wrote:

MMORPGs completely pwn. cept they also kinda suck.

True. I've tried a few MMOs like Maplestory, Flyff, and Dofus.
Maplestory was okay until I got to level 15. Then I got bored with the level grinding.
Dofus...I dunno, it was okay at first but the little people made my eyes hurt from squinting too much.
Flyff: Currently liking it because I actually managed to level-grind myself (out of boredom) to level 56 now, and I'm almost at the second class change where I can become a ranger. Then I can wear pretty pretty armor and stuff and I'll at least like looking at my character.
Plus we can get pets now.

But like Raymond says, the level-grinding element of all basic MMOs don't really attract me much unless I'm in a console game slump.
And for a single-player like me...the whole random-guy-comes-up-to-you-and-starts-talking-or-following-you-for-no-reason thing...kinda creeps me out. But I just play the silent act...or play along...silently.

Also, about Smash...I'm a Pikachu lover. ^__^

But Ike looks cool! (>m<);
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 7:29 pm

I hate MMORPGs, the only ones that actually caught my interest for a while are text-based RPGs because there was more than just level grinding and it was fun to do almost anything. xDD
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:02 pm

Yin, is that a toothbrush in your avatar?
And, wow, you made it to level 50~ish in Flyff? I stopped at level 20 or so because it takes much longer to kill a single enemy than other MMOs.
I dunno, but regular RPGs I play by myself are more entertaining. For example: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Riviera The Promised Land. I think Jacky is the only other person I know who has played Riviera.
As for SSB, my fav is Pikachu too, because he's fast for my liking. But for Melee, I choose Peach. No idea why...And the movement in Melee are a bit too fast for my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:07 pm

i played riveria, except i never finished it lols
Back to top Go down
Wen
Villager
Villager
Wen

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:17 pm

LawrenceL wrote:
Yin, is that a toothbrush in your avatar?

Personally, I think it looks like an oddly-colored stick of pocky. but mehs.

confused2 that's a pretty high level. I only got to 30ish (on an acro i think, or was that my mage), but then the point-distrbution system was reset and.. yea. Same thing with Dofus- fecas suck now [but I still go on everyday to say hi to my stalkers].

For the record, SMB kirby rules =3. It's like.. pudding.
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:29 pm

are you guys blind? :p thats a pen hes holding in Yin's drawing! >.<
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:49 pm

Oh geez, guys! Don't you see the book / pages at the bottom? And that wonderful expression on Caesar's face that shows he's about to come up with an ingenius plan to defeat the army of an evil lord? ((Or probably just helping me do my CS homework...myehehe)

It's a pen, guys! A pen! xD

But I must say, your guesses are extremely entertaining.

And yes Han, you are correct. *applause*

And wow, I didn't know you guys all played Flyff too (or at least...did).
Yeah, I managed to grind my way to the late 50's during July...when I had everyday off and nothing to do becuase...I dunno. I guess I ran out of games to play. Last July was my ransack-the-web-for-some-new-never-before-played-free-MMOs month.
And I met a friendly guy from Germany who helped me out from the newbie stages.
And leveling with parties can be fun too...I guess.
The only real motivation I had was just because the ranger equipment was so pretty, and I wanted them...so yeah. Fuel by wanting pretty pixels. Everyone's heard that before. xP
But yeah, the whole decimal-point percentages can get kinda aggravating.
angry2

But in essence, my favorite form of entertainment will always be console games. RPGs, SRPGs, FPSs, even RTSGs. Basically, if it has a plot, and has more gameplay than just level-grinding, you can bet I'll be on it in a flash! (cue James Bond music)

PS: Pikachu for the win! Pika pikaaaaaaa~ *zap*
Back to top Go down
Wen
Villager
Villager
Wen

PostSubject: 0.o   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 12:03 pm

*Stares sideways*
Oh, it does look like a pen!
Actually, I thought the blue thing on the bottom was malformed jelly o-0. But that's just my weird mind. *nod nod*

^^' yes, it can. The world is built up on pretty pixels blush Personally, I love the blades armor *_* It's shiny... whom doth not loveth teh shiny o-0. xP

I've met 3 people from Germany, 12 from France, 2 from the UK, 5 from England, 8 from Australia, 16 from Brazil.. the list just goes on and on. Communicating with the outside world is better.. in a sense.. than being cooped up in a room staring at a console that won't respond to you.
(loves the FF7 plot)

PS: *kirby sucks up pikachu*
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 3:36 pm

Well, to be accurate, it's a pen with its cap on its bottom end, you know, like what people do so that they don't lose the cap or anything. I guess that's why it looks a bit long.

Anyway, I like the blades too, except I didn't like how thier head armor has to cover thier mouths. I mean, do they have to look like ninjas? It's not really what I want to imagine when I picture super agile fighters with two swords in Flyff world. I mean, something a little more original would be nice.

Stil, I agree: shiny rocks. *ranger*

And wow...that's a lot of communication.
I'm not much of a socializer even in the internet world. So really...I only have one actual friend on Flyff.

Besides, I love my console games! *fire in eyes* They have so much more substance!

PS: *pikachu electrifies kirby from the inside* (wish we could actually do that: it'd be cool)
Back to top Go down
Wen
Villager
Villager
Wen

PostSubject: 0-0   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 10:04 pm

Ah, that makes sense. Otherwise, that's one extremely long pen. *nod nod*

Hmm, with ninjas being a popular class [and there really is no point in those ninja vs pirate things], dare I say after the release of Naruto and related co., nearly every video game/related co. has had some sort of ninja reference.

*nods* Ranger's hats annoy me slightly though. It's not as ... shiny? But their tops are awesome. I want one of those

domo

^^' Yes, I suppose that is. It depends on the game and my mood, really. *nod nod.* I try to be on when I'm.. satisfied with life. I tend to rant to random people and items like trees and the flower growing next to it.

xP "substance" is one word for it. Most of them just annoy me to no end (compared to fanart, Zelda could use a little touching up), but a selected few are addictive. (knows the whole FF7 and KH [and others] plot from wiki and various other sites)

PS: *kirby turns into ash* ummm.. you killed it.
(that would be a bit disturbing xD)
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 3:31 pm

True, true. Ninjas are getting to be too popular for my taste. I mean, sure it's cool that they're ancient Japanese assassins and everything, but come on. There are assassins in every other culture too.

I guess people think the word "ninja" sounds exotic or something. Bah. huh

I like the ranger hats though. They're like...circlets! Ya know? hyper
And yea, I like thier tops too. Plus, it's the only class pretty much with a green color scheme.
And needless to say, green is my favorite color. ^__^

(begin rant)

The thing I like about console games is not just the variety of plots. I mean, sure Final Fantasy and Zelda games are the popular RPGS, but there are a whole load of other totally awesome games that are just as good, if not better, than those, but don't really get much recognition. Games like Okami, Disgaea, Shin Megami Tensei (any one of the games), Suikoden, and Dragon Quest (DQ is legendary awesomeness, especially DQVII), to name a few.
And they don't necessarily have to be RPGs either.
I just like the variety of the styles of gameplay, whether its traditional or original, as well as more interesting plots.

(end rant)

PS: *Pikachu sniffs kirby ash* Wait a sec...isn't Kirby like rubber? Can rubber become ash? Or does it just melt? Hmm... *Pikachu does taunting dance*
Back to top Go down
Tsugumi Y
Prior Vice President
Prior Vice President
Tsugumi Y

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 6:42 pm

lmao all you pplz talkinga bout video games. and i barely have an inkling as to what you're talking about. cuz .. (helen and rayray know this) my MOM plays them games. not me. XD she finished all available Zelda games on the N64 and GC and she's like dying for the Twilight Princess. ><

as for me, i suck at video games. something with my brain not connecting "NO you have to move AWAY from the enemy fire!" to my fingers. i can play minesweeper though..=D? i am sad, aren't I? but i'm quite happy not playing video games.. victory
Back to top Go down
Wen
Villager
Villager
Wen

PostSubject: x3   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 8:07 pm

Yea, it's as if ninjas were to be worshiped to no end. Personally, I see the word as just another in Japanese culture. I guess they're the assassins mostly looked onto with the uprising of Anime and such.
Circlets a pretty, but it gets so very cold in winter. sigh The head needs heat! XD
Ah, I know a few people with a favorite color as green. It might explain why this website is green blush I prefer the white-gray-dull sorta green.
Mm, true. I just prefer RPG out of them all. Sure, tetris is amazingly addictive and fun, but for a while the classic games get sorta.. old. The only ones I really like are player-controls and free shooting.
[rants are fun]
PS: I don't think rubber would be able to suck up items o-0. At least, I hope not confused
*melted/burned kirby ashes stares at pikachu*

PPS (or PSS?): *pokes Tsugumi with a rubber chicken*
minesweeper is awesome. I love it *_*
you know, i just realized it's called mine sweeper XD. i thought it was mini sweeper.
huh
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 8:47 pm

True, the head does need heat in the winter (for like...finals and stuff...ish) ! So nice fluffy hats are in demand! *rawr*

White-gray-dull green? I like...a little light green with a touch of yellow and blue. Hmm...much like the green of this website right now! xP

So rants aren't annoying? Okay...
[rant]
Oh, well, speaking of old school games like tetris, I'll admit there are some that are pretty addictive. Besides Mario, there's the old PS Suikoden games that look pretty nice, Super Metroid for the SNES, Kirby games (i loved those), and the old Final Fantasy games (FFVI forever!). OK, so maybe these aren't that old (I mean, not as old as Pong or the really ancient arcade games), but it's old enough for my age...right? But yeah, I'll agree that after a while it gets a bit tiring, especially now that we're in the next-gen age and we're surrounded by shiny graphics and even more innovative gameplay styles. I mean...look at LocoRoco for the PSP, or Katamari games for the PS2 (Whee!). I enjoy new and different games like those that may not make much sense, but are still very fun.
Course, first-person shooters are also quite fun...depending on the game anyway.
And shiny games...those make my day too (currently awed by Blue Dragon and Halo 3).

(end rant)

PS: Well...rubber does act as an insulator for electricity...right? Hm...I guess it's impossible for it to burn to ash...unless you melt it in a microwave...
*Pikachu sweeps melted Kirby ash onto a dustpan and sticks into a freezer.*
Wonder what'll happen?

PPS:(To Tsugumi) You're not sad! I'm the sad one...I play too many video games and its all I know. It must be...such a nice life without having to worry yourself to death about which game to play next or finish. xP
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 12:06 am

Lmao...games=screws you over in real life.
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 12:44 pm

RaymondL wrote:

sad
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 6:14 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
RaymondL wrote:

sad

And I am an living example.
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 10:44 pm

RaymondL wrote:
And I am an living example.
Sometimes I think you just like taking the side least supported, but now I know you just want to hide your path so no one will follow after.

Han wrote:
i played riveria, except i never finished it lols
Should I show you mine? But I don't even remember what you look like and you rarely go to meetings... sad I finished the game once, and it wasn't enough. Very addictive.

What about Final Fantasy Advance? It's probably old by now. And what weapon thingy is Marche holding in the official artwork? It looks like a circular edged sword.
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 2:31 am

LawrenceL wrote:
Sometimes I think you just like taking the side least supported, but now I know you just want to hide your path so no one will follow after.

Meaning...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next