Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff... Empty
PostSubject: ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff...   ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff... EmptySun Dec 17, 2006 6:16 am

Black Cat has been licsensed a long time ago. Now they have dubbed it with English, and it sounds like total crap.

Here is the preview. Judge for yourself.
http://www.blackcat-tv.com/
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff...   ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff... EmptySun Dec 17, 2006 4:34 pm

well, what do you expect? :p It is very rare for English dubs to be good. They don't have good voice actors, a lot of the voices sound really hyper and nonAsian... as most of the characters are Asian, it's a bit weird :p

The good ones I heard are mostly from Japanese to Chinese *cough Patlabor cough*
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff...   ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff... EmptyMon Dec 18, 2006 5:33 am

Well, I don't know why, but the dubbing sound so childish...even though its close to the translation...it just sounds so dumb, like "I'll never let you get away with this!" + childish tone....English isn't meant for anime, I'm sorry to say. Though, the Chinese dubbing of other animes seem pretty fine for me, I watched Pokemon and Sailor Moon in Chinese :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff...   ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff... Empty

Back to top Go down

ZOMG! I Hate Dubbed Stuff...
Page 1 of 1