Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AgnesC
Vice President
Vice President
AgnesC

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-10-08

What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? Empty
PostSubject: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 7:06 pm

odd topic... :P it's also kinda pointless, because you could do all of them if you really want to. -_-;
so, a few suggestions you can pick from:
-manga-ka XD
-video games 8D
(-illustration [artbook/prints] is pretty much a given follow-up)
-anime director
-voice actor/actress
i wonder what else there is... no time to think of more. x_x
personally, i'd love to go into video games more than any of the others. what about you? o.o

iono, just a topic that can hopefully get the forum moving for a bit... although probably not ^^;
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:02 pm

well my parents wouldn't let me be a fulltime manga-ka but i could be one as like a side job and make a small manga/doujinshi. if my main job takes up too much time, leaving little time for me to draw, i'll just make artbooks, prints, and/or commissions.... though...i'll only do those if and when i become pleased with my artwork. so far, i'm never fully satisfied. i might like parts of each of my drawing, but never the whole thing.

you?
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
AgnesC
Vice President
Vice President
AgnesC

PostSubject: Re: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:28 pm

you definitely could. and it would be awesome. wink
i was referring to as a hobby more than a real job, actually... it's a nearer and more practical future XD and most things start out small like that anyway. something like what zeiva's been doing, that amazing girl. bow
me, i love music as much as drawing, so games seem like a perfect compromise. although, i have a super long way to go in both...

but whatever anyone is doing, do your best. victory
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:55 pm

I like to become more of a storyline writer.... ^^;; with maybe a few artworks to complement it, like Japanese light novels in some sort
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 10:15 pm

lols storywriting is nice. i have patience to sit for hours on end drawing but i can't get myself to sit in front of the computer and type out stories. ^^;;

oh and as for gaming, making the character designs for a game would be cool. i probably won't touch any of the coding stuff >__> eh..i don't have much patience for html either. i really love magna carta's character designs by Kim Hyung-Tae love
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 10:22 pm

I'm looking to work in the game industry, so maybe art coud help me along. Of course, I need to learn how to draw better in all mediums and styles...so...yeh, long way to go..Very long...It'd be nice to work in Nippon-Ichi...or Square...or Namco...or Sony??

If I can't get any jumpstarts, I could always try being a code-monkey. sigh
Back to top Go down
AgnesC
Vice President
Vice President
AgnesC

PostSubject: Re: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 10:43 pm

^i'd go for visual novels more than real RPGs like from Square... i like the focused storytelling aspect of that more. so in a way, i'd be kind of similar to Han by writing a sort of digital light novel... :D something like that... or at least, that's what i'm thinking now. -.-
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 11:08 pm

I find it easier to write and organize stories on a paper before typing it up....

Also, I've only written creative nonfiction pieces so far, so haven't started on a fictional one yet. I'm still laying out the background and premise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 11:30 pm

hmm yea. writing with pen and paper is easier for concentration purposes. but i'm to lazy to write pages and pages by hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?   What future plans do you have involving anime/manga? Empty

Back to top Go down

What future plans do you have involving anime/manga?
Page 1 of 1