Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OekakiBBS Board Info/Help

Go down 
+4
LawrenceL
Han
YinlerthaiC.
HelenX
8 posters
AuthorMessage
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

OekakiBBS Board Info/Help Empty
PostSubject: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyTue Feb 20, 2007 8:12 pm

edit: no meeting this week... a couple of new smilies added xD

Announcing the opening of Stuy Mangaka Club's OekakiBBS Board!
It's an applet where people can draw online.
Special thanks to Yin for getting us a board. xD I know she already announced it in another thread but this way people can see it on the front page.

Some notes...
-Please spend some time on each of the drawings. Do not post things like stick figures.
-After you finish a drawing, don't forget to comment on your own pic saying that you drew it and any other info you want to include about your drawing. Otherwise, how will we know who drew it and who we're commenting on?
-When commenting on other people's work, give laudatory comments and/or contructive criticism. No flaming.
-If you want, you can make linearts there and leave it for other people to color. Just mention that it's a colorpage in your comment.
-What is the 'animation' option under 'mode'? It can replay how you drew your picture when others view it.
-Remember your 'password for repaint'! It's so you can make any edits to your drawing.

New to oekaki? Check out some of these tutorials:
-learning the oekakibbs interface
-more about the interface and keyboard shortcuts
-making clean lineart with a mouse If you have a tablet, you don't need this to make clean lineart.
-coloring
-toning
-realism

Happy painting~

Last edited by on Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyTue Feb 20, 2007 10:27 pm

Uwaau! I got special thanks! Now I feel special... sad

Well, have fun everyone! wink confetti
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 10:51 am

wow, uhhh, I'll try that when I get my hand drawings down first hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 12:26 pm

Han wrote:
wow, uhhh, I'll try that when I get my hand drawings down first hahaha
I just tried the oekaki drawing but it's so hard with the mouse! confused2 Don't understand how you're so good with it. Practice? Magical skill? Genius?
Back to art using the hands and pencil.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 3:02 pm

Chyeah.... a little too complicated for me..........
Um, I'll stick to paper and pencil for know eheheh

Just to be totally random and freaky, I had a dream last night that Yin and I became great friends....

It was really really really weird.............. lol
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 7:00 pm

NancyC wrote:
Chyeah.... a little too complicated for me..........
Um, I'll stick to paper and pencil for know eheheh

Just to be totally random and freaky, I had a dream last night that Yin and I became great friends....

It was really really really weird.............. lol

Now...I am scared. Very very scared...
Aren't we aready friends? Eheh...

LawrenceL wrote:
I just tried the oekaki drawing but it's so hard with the mouse! Don't understand how you're so good with it. Practice? Magical skill? Genius?
Back to art using the hands and pencil.

Magic. xD I guess.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaD x]
Villager
Villager
ChristinaD x]

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 6:28 pm

hmmm its not working on my laptop...and I can't use electronics for my life so I dunno why ><

sad2
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am

x_x try using it on another computer then? i really don't know why it wouldn't work. maybe you don't have the java applet?
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyThu Mar 08, 2007 5:39 pm

Um, I no this is a stupid question but....

Why can't I save? I keep trying, but it says an error has occured all the time. Argh.... It's getting me frustrated

And the pic took like, 20 minutes to draw sad2
Back to top Go down
AgnesC
Vice President
Vice President
AgnesC

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-10-08

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyThu Mar 08, 2007 6:27 pm

Q: It freezed up after I clicked the save button.
A: Some security softwares and pop-up blockers conflict with the OK BBS.

Q: A transfer error occurred after clicking the save button.
A: It could be a) the internet connection error. b) the OK BBS server error.

and posting via proxy server sometimes doesn't work..? but i don't know what that means...
(from http://www.ronniedelcarmen.com/blog1/2006/03/how-to-post-your-marvelous-ok-bbs.html)

i tried to help. sorry but did you get to screen cap it at least? i want to see Nancy's lovely art~
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyThu Mar 08, 2007 8:15 pm

hm..that's weird.. um yea like agnes said, i hope you took a screenshot.
i know oekakipoteto has a restore image button but i'm not sure if oekakibbs has it. perhaps someone who can read japanese could check the main site to find out if there's a restore image button for this program. http://www.oekakibbs.com/ i tried searching for a english version of the page but to my dismay, there is none and i can't read japanese.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyThu Mar 08, 2007 10:26 pm

Thanks, but forget it. It was a poorly done pic any ways. There's always next time.
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 4:43 pm

next time, try saving a blank page first before you actually draw to see if it works and then delete the blank pic after it shows up.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 11:56 pm

HelenX wrote:
next time, try saving a blank page first before you actually draw to see if it works and then delete the blank pic after it shows up.

Lol, I should have taken the initiative to do at the beginning, but I guess Stupidity is boundless.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 7:57 pm

AgnesC wrote:
i want to see Nancy's lovely art~

I dont know what you're talking about..... Lovely art? Definitely not mine

But thanks for being so nice and supportive. =]
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyMon May 21, 2007 11:27 pm

Hey, guys. Due to the ungodly amount of spam in the current oekaki board, I've instituted a small solution. This might be permanent, depending on whether it actually works on the spammers or not.

So then, from here on, if you want to post a comment on the Oekaki Board, you're going to have to input a password.

I set that password to

Click here for password.
((And its case sensitive, so...)

Where to type this password? When you make a comment, its right under where your comment goes. The one that says: "Password:", not "Password for edit:".

This is just a little security measure that I'm trying out for now until I find an actual, better solution to the spam problem. If all else fails, I'll make a new board.

I apologize if this may cause any inconvenience.

PS:

I updated some things about the size of the drawings. Now you can draw on a canvas as big as 900 by 900 pixels. I also added a few more preset size options.

I also changed a few of the messages that it pops up, such as when you're saving, etc. so that it sounds more English. You know, with proper grammer, and all that. Course, I didn't do everything...yet...trivial I know, but still...

I also adjusted the amount of pics each page can hold. It can now hold up to 30 pics per page...theoretically. At least now, with 5 pages total, and 30 pics each, thats like 150 pics total before old pics start getting erased with every new pic being drawn.

Avoid page 4 on the Oekaki board. That place is spammed beyond hope. sad
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyWed May 23, 2007 6:04 pm

cools. thanks yin =]
Back to top Go down
BleaCHocoStuy-Man
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Sorry I couldn't go to the meeting last Friday, Helen >< My mom called me and said something about an uncle's birthday party or something that I wasn't really paying close attention to. Anyways, will there be a meeintg during the week of March 24?
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 pm

Yeah there will probably be a meeting that week. There's a meeting this week too though.~ =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OekakiBBS Board Info/Help   OekakiBBS Board Info/Help Empty

Back to top Go down

OekakiBBS Board Info/Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club :: Updates :: Meeting Dates & Updates-
Jump to: