Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

meeting on friday 3/30/06

Go down 
+2
NancyC
HelenX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

meeting on friday 3/30/06 Empty
PostSubject: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 10:14 am

EDIT: ROOM 413 (computer graphics room) ///end edit

Photoshop Guidelines?
ehh..so I was IMing Gumi about how we should go about teaching you guys how to use Photoshop and here's the editted conversation. Sorry that the grammer and spelling is horrible. I type shorthand on aim. It's just a very brief guideline of the overall topics to help me organize my thoughts. If you don't understand it, don't sweat it. Gumi and I will explain it all...eventually. We won't be able to go through all of this in one sitting.

"Bring usb -tuts

email myself some of my sketches/lineart

members could use the ones already scanned onto the forum, browse around the internet and find a random lineart, or email themselves their lineart

ways of getting lineart:

sketch-scan-adjust brightness+contrast

if u can make REALLY clean lineart by hand then it's ok to just directly use the scanned pic as lineart

sketch-scan-lower opacity-trace over on a new layer with tablet

sketch-scan-lower opacity-trace over on a new layer with mouse

by mouse, wud be using pen tool

layers: how they work..how putting different parts on seperate layers r a big advantage, types(normal, multiply, color dodge,etc), options wen u right click layers, opacity change, grouping layers into others...

brushes: defining/making ur own/using others' brushes, combining size, opacity and flow for variation in brush, lowering opacity to get a nice blended look

same with setting patterns and using them

usually i make patterns for screentones

smudge, dodge, burn tool....pretty self-explanatory

and i'll go over everything under the edit image layer and view headers

i won't go much into filters...cuz i don't really know how to use them well..i only use a few

gradient tool is helpful

coloring styles...ooy this one is a headache to explain...so many styles

-many layers. every part on diff layer. shadows and highlight layers grouped into original layers

-1 layer. everything done on one layer...makes it harder to avoid mistakes

-coloring background first and then adding base colors of the character over it

-coloring character first and then doing bg

cell shading- pretty much no blending. just vectors

soft cell shading- blending....ah..and the mistake many ppl make, OVER blending. urgee...too much makes the pic look plasticy

eh yea...that's pretty much the order i plan on telling them

tho we'll most likely not be able to go thru all that

so i mite just stop at layers and pen tool and then let them start making their own linearts?

unless they wana skip lineart and skip to coloring...."

Last edited by on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 1:59 pm

Yay first to comment. Any ways, if we get a computer...... I'm not sure if I want to try it
*sweatdrop
I tried once and it came out pretty bad...
Perhaps I'll just watch how you professions do the layers of coloring, cuz I had no idea how to use it......
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 2:52 pm

lols no need to fear!! layers aren't that hard to understand. we'll show you guys.
and if at first you don't succeed, try and try again! lmao. that sounds so corny but it's true.
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 3:15 pm

HelenX wrote:
lols no need to fear!! layers aren't that hard to understand. we'll show you guys.
and if at first you don't succeed, try and try again! lmao. that sounds so corny but it's true.

Yar...I mean, I don't think I could ever learn layering or any of the art programs' stuff if I didn't experiment myself. Even if I end up with like...a mess. At least...the more you do it, the better you get! Yar...

Plus, with computers, you can save the original and do stuff on it, and if you mess up you can load it all up again. And my favorite...the UNDO button! hyper
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 7:34 pm

updated
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 pm

Yeah, we get a computer room this week, and right be4 vacation ^__^ ^__^
Great job Helen.
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 10:27 pm

Awesome, congratulations for the win. xP
Ughh...I dunno if I'll be my normal self at the meeting. I have a huge history exam and I have to finish up an english project. Hope I survive to see everyone... confused2
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 10:41 pm

i'll try to make it ^^;;
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
EhteshC
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 1:33 am

So...zat mean that you got permission from Ms. Rominiecki, Helen? Pah, too bad I couldn't help in the reserving of the room. Now all you/Tsugumi/William/Yin need is access to the projector, and then you/she/he/she can teach the club in the glory of a drab and shabby projection! Well, bon voyage!
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 9:07 am

EhteshC wrote:
So...zat mean that you got permission from Ms. Rominiecki, Helen? Pah, too bad I couldn't help in the reserving of the room. Now all you/Tsugumi/William/Yin need is access to the projector, and then you/she/he/she can teach the club in the glory of a drab and shabby projection! Well, bon voyage!

Teach? I think I'd rather be a student... huh

But anyway...hooray, we got the computer room! Now we can have fun...with stuff...
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2007 10:01 pm

nancy: lol thanks
lawrence: hah yea i think everyone has been really busy this week. all the teachers decide to give you a test right before break
han: okie
ehtesh: yea she said we could use it. and lol..i still have to ask her how the computer screen projector works x_X
yin: well you already know most of the basics so if anyone around you is having trouble, you could show them =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: meeting on friday 3/30/06   meeting on friday 3/30/06 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1