Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest

Go down 
+2
Natasha A.
Monika
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Monika
President
President
Monika

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2006-10-07

Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest Empty
PostSubject: Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest   Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 10:48 pm

EDIT 12/22/08: YO. WE'RE MEETING IN ROOM 337. TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS. If there's a rapid dismissal tomorrow, go there anyway and we'll think of something.

We don't have any prizes ready at the moment though. If we have enough entries, we'll buy prizes over the break and give them out after.

Hey. I'm really sorry about not having meetings, but we've been trying everything. The other officers and I have agreed that the SU is made up of total morons who are just ignoring us. Jesus Christ, I'm about to go after them with a cleaver. We're thinking of holding meetings somewhere else until the SU decides to stop being idiotic. We don't know where yet, so if you have any ideas, please tell us. Any ideas to get through the SU's thick skulls would also be appreciated.

Also, we're still planning to have the Christmas contest this year. The entries will most likely be due on December 23rd and we'll all meet up somewhere to vote for the winners. Unless the SU finally gets its act together and approves our club so that we can finally meet in a damned room. The rules are pretty much the same as last year's. 3 prizes, 3 winners. You can enter more than one entry if you want to. After the voting, we'll collect all the entries and put them up online for everyone to see.

And here are last year's entries: https://mangaka.forumotion.com/minicomic-contest-100-themes-challenge-f12/2007-entries-results-scans-up-t199.htm

Also, we bought a set of 24 copic markers over the summer and we're planning to have a happy opening of plastic on the first meeting. Once we have it. *shakes fist at SU*

- Monika & Jin
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/monstika
Natasha A.
Villager
Villager
Natasha A.

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest   Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 1:44 am

we could meet on the 3rd floor atrium. but Stuy Squad is there a lot... and if we put up posters for there, Ms. Damasek might get angry...

if you want, i can reserve a room and say its for Kosupure, and we could have the manga ka meet there.
Back to top Go down
http://medusa3139.deviantart.com/
AgnesC
Vice President
Vice President
AgnesC

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest   Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:13 pm

It's not great, but parts of the first floor are usually always open. Salsa Club and whatever team practice in front of the main entrance, but the area behind it, the student lounge/theatre entrance/ping-pong/sofa area, should be free. And it's got SOFAS.

The only thing I'm worried about is that theatre productions might use that entrance. They used that side for SING! and SING bands use it as a rehearsal area too. And I also have no idea how to direct people to go there and it's kind of hard to find...

I'd consider Natasha's kind and wonderful offer too, because half the fun of mangaka is vandalizing drawing on school blackboards. I miss that so much. D':
Back to top Go down
Wen
Villager
Villager
Wen

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest   Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:08 am

I think that the second floor's usually empty. Or we could merge some clubs together and have a party. I'm thinking of crashing in on Neo atm.
... polite sage for no contri.
...Monikarz, you can use my chainsaw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silentmyth.deviantart.com
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest   Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:59 pm

*Returns after nearly a month*

So, are we going to meet up tomorrow? wink If so, where? ^__^
Back to top Go down
JinS
Treasurer
Treasurer
JinS

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest   Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Yeah. We're meeting in room 337. We don't have the prizes ready, because honestly, I'm not even sure if anyone bothered the draw entries for the Christmas contest. If people actually did, we'll get the prizes and hand them out after the break.
Back to top Go down
http://fadingcolors.deviantart.com
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest   Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:05 pm

I've got two that I can enter, so don't worry! X3
Back to top Go down
JinS
Treasurer
Treasurer
JinS

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest   Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:11 pm

HOORAY! *throws confetti* You deserve a plate full of cookies. I just wish I had some to give you. D:

I also have two, but I can't enter, can I...? ^_^;; I'll bring them anyway though. I wonder if more people are coming. We haven't had a meeting in so long and now that it's Junior year everybody's preoccupied with other stuff. Apparently, there's a guidance meeting tomorrow and Monika can't come. D:

If you see any other Manga-ka members, can you mob them or something and tell them there's a meeting? I don't have any classes with anyone, and even if someone sees this, they might forget.
Back to top Go down
http://fadingcolors.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest   Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Heeeey! + Christmas Contest
Page 1 of 1