Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AgnesC
Vice President
Vice President
AgnesC

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-10-08

[Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production Empty
PostSubject: [Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production   [Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey, VP here, how's.... whoever still checks this forum? We haven't been active this year, but there's still June and there's an opportunity during the summer to meet up. Japan Society has a summer immersion program making anime. Sounds good? I'm going to apply too and any of you guys there would make it so much cooler. :]

From http://www.japansociety.org/content.cfm/event_detail?eid=58e594e6
A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production
Summer Immersion Workshop for High School Students
Monday, August 10 — Saturday, August 22
Bring Your Artwork & Characters to Life!

Workshop:
Monday-Friday, August 10-14 and August 17-21, 2009, 10 am-4 pm each day
Student Presentations and Screenings:
Saturday, August 22, 2009, 10 am - 4 pm

In this two-week intensive workshop, participants will learn firsthand about the history of Japanese animation (anime), its unique features and cross cultural influences in Japan and in the U.S., as well as the market & distribution systems. During the hands-on part of the workshop, participants will gain practical experience creating short anime clips using various animation techniques. Learn about scenario writing, character development, storyboarding, and voiceovers under the guidance of anime production experts, scenario writers and designers, including Dai Sato, Japan’s leading anime scenario writer.

Dai Sato, by the way, scripted Wolf's Rain, Ghost in the Shell, and a kickass episode of Toward the Terra. MUCH LOVE.

Lastly, you apply by sending in a character profile, a one-to-two page manga, or a short story. Most fun I'll have all year. Only problem is, applications are due Thursday May 21. Ahahaha... I'm so sorry I couldn't get this out earlier, I just found out too.

Anyway, post back if you're going to do it. <3 Because you totally can. And it'd be awesome.

Love, Agnes.
Back to top Go down
AgnesC
Vice President
Vice President
AgnesC

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-10-08

PostSubject: Re: [Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production   [Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Heads up, the evaluation/application review starts Tuesday.
My mom called them.
So now that APs are over, gogogo, I say. lol

Love,
Agnes
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production   [Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 6:52 pm

why am i not a high school-er anymore?? T^T
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production   [Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production Empty

Back to top Go down

[Summer Program] A*NI*ME: Japanese Animation Production
Page 1 of 1