Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does the US hate manga readers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Monika
President
President
Monika

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2006-10-07

Does the US hate manga readers? Empty
PostSubject: Does the US hate manga readers?   Does the US hate manga readers? EmptySun Nov 05, 2006 10:10 pm

I think the US hates manga readers. They keep like...publishing manga that got cancelled in Japan and getting our hopes up. I mean, am I the only one that thinks that publishing cancelled manga is a stupid way of trying to get every penny from us while we wait restlessly for the next book to come out (even though it never will)? Or does everyone just enjoy that? sad2
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/monstika
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Does the US hate manga readers?   Does the US hate manga readers? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 2:43 am

its all for money
Back to top Go down
Monika
President
President
Monika

PostSubject: Re: Does the US hate manga readers?   Does the US hate manga readers? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 8:50 pm

RaymondL wrote:
its all for money

Exactly. I think some Americans are way too greedy for their own good. Like, writing their own crappy, plotless mangas just for the money (if you look at some American mangas, like...some of the art on the inside, it looks like crap that belongs at the bottom of a garbage can).
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Does the US hate manga readers?   Does the US hate manga readers? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 11:30 pm

thats why i dont buy mangas, read them all, download them, and just store it somewhere on some CD
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Does the US hate manga readers?   Does the US hate manga readers? EmptyTue Nov 07, 2006 2:52 pm

Yeah that's true. Shonen Jump's so like that. Like for Naruto, the American version is up to like... 11? In Japan, it's probably like 30 something. And the funny part is is that the fan-translated ones u find online have better translations than the ones we find in the bookstores.
Back to top Go down
Monika
President
President
Monika

PostSubject: Re: Does the US hate manga readers?   Does the US hate manga readers? EmptyTue Nov 07, 2006 7:23 pm

NancyC wrote:
Yeah that's true. Shonen Jump's so like that. Like for Naruto, the American version is up to like... 11? In Japan, it's probably like 30 something. And the funny part is is that the fan-translated ones u find online have better translations than the ones we find in the bookstores.

that's because scanlators translate directly while american "translators" just put in whatever they think sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
JackyL
Villager
Villager
JackyL

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Does the US hate manga readers?   Does the US hate manga readers? EmptySat Nov 11, 2006 5:07 pm

yea... the americans only want money Evil ... i rather learn japanese and buy da manga from japan than to go buy licensed manga...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does the US hate manga readers?   Does the US hate manga readers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does the US hate manga readers?
Page 1 of 1