Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone know some good ones?

Go down 
+2
Han
LawrenceL
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

Anyone know some good ones? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyTue Nov 21, 2006 7:08 pm

I just finished the Death Note series and now I'm wondering which series to read next. Can anyone reccomend some good ones to read?

The ending to Death Note is scary! I couldn't sleep till one that night! O_O
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyTue Nov 21, 2006 8:36 pm

xxxHolic is hilarious

so is School Rumble

Tsubasa Chronicles is a pretty good manga, it gets really good towards around chapter 110. That's when all the innocence disappears and it becomes darker.

Bleach is interesting to read

Angel Diary and Demon Diary are funny shoujos I read for fun.

There's alot more but I'm not sure what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyWed Nov 22, 2006 6:25 am

oh i just started watching deathnote. it's really good so far x3
manga:
Special A-shoujo+comedy (waiii so funi)
Parfait tic-shoujo
Vampire Knight-shoujo+vamps
www.mangatemple.com

anime i liked or am watching:
Black Blood Brothers(pretty theme songs...lol)
Tenjou Tenge-lotsa fighting. warning, some ecchi?
Samurai Champloo-lota sword fight scenes<3
ouran high school host club- shoujo+comedy
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyThu Nov 23, 2006 12:31 am

Well, everybody talks about Bleach so I suppose it's alright. But I have a feeling it's going to be long and continuous like Naruto.
About Ouran High, my cousin, she's a girl and she thinks its pretty good. Funny at times.

I read DNAngel a long time ago and never got to finish it. I'm probably going to restart the series again. It was really good back then.

Thanks everybody!
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyThu Nov 23, 2006 12:17 pm

yea bleach is pretty long. it's already in the 100s episodes
hmm i read some of dnangel b4. it's cute, but then it got boring
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 10:16 pm

oh and i've also been watching Dgrayman and Shounen Onmyouji ^__^
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySat Dec 23, 2006 1:51 pm

I just watched the 5th episode of DNAngel and Wiz is hilarious in that episode. He's always hungry. haha. hehe
Back to top Go down
Monika
President
President
Monika

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2006-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySat Dec 23, 2006 7:27 pm

HelenX wrote:
yea bleach is pretty long. it's already in the 100s episodes
hmm i read some of dnangel b4. it's cute, but then it got boring

bleach is awesome xD i finished the manga (by 'finished', i mean read all that's out). wheee xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/monstika
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySat Dec 23, 2006 11:06 pm

I'm watching Patlabor, a pretty old and good anime. It's hilarious in its own manner haha. Also watching part of Code Geass and trying to finish Full Metal Panic : Fumoffu. Fumoffu is like the nonserious part of full metal panic, oh man, it's such a big comic relief compared to the real dark story >.<
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySun Dec 24, 2006 11:56 pm

Elfen Lied, period.
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:05 pm

Han wrote:
Angel Diary and Demon Diary are funny shoujos I read for fun.
I just tried reading angel diary today. it's so good! ok well, the first couple of pages made me puke. iono, it was just bad. but then it got A LOT BETTER. really cute and funny. so to everyone else who might want to try it, force yourself to read through the first half of chapter 1 and the rest should be good =D oh and i didn't know they're by the same artists. also, usually i'm good at telling whether a character is a guy or girl...since i can draw really girly guys myself, but here, the gender complex is just like woaaa >__<;; got confused a couple of times. but the manga clears it up later.
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:21 pm

oh ya Angel Diary goes from left to right and whenever a new chapter comes out I would sometimes forget and get confused lol.... so used to reading from right to left blush
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 11:43 pm

I'm reading Fruits Basket now.
It looks like its old. Is it? The eyes and clothes are very simple.
Can anybody tell me a little about it? I just read the first 6 volumes I think. Or they are chapters...I dunno. I'm up to the part where Honda was taken away by her uncle and then taken back by the pair- Kyou and Souma. I think that's their name and Shigure is the 3rd guy.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySun Jan 21, 2007 6:28 pm

LawrenceL wrote:
I'm reading Fruits Basket now.
It looks like its old. Is it? The eyes and clothes are very simple.
Can anybody tell me a little about it? I just read the first 6 volumes I think. Or they are chapters...I dunno. I'm up to the part where Honda was taken away by her uncle and then taken back by the pair- Kyou and Souma. I think that's their name and Shigure is the 3rd guy.

Oooooooooooooooooooh You're into Fruits Basket now? Ask Rebecca and I about it sometime. Rebecca is a huge fan. It's like up to 15 volumes-ish now.

Shigeru is awesome :) He's just like Jiraiya xD.

No no I dont like perverted men that way. They're just soooooo needed ro get love retarded ppl along *cough cough Naruto and Kyo *cough cough
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2007 12:07 pm

Anyone know some good ones? Fruits%20Basket%20v03%20c16%20108

thats a funny scene i just found. It's only like a one page comic strip.
Shigure is a funny guy, even in the anime.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Lol, I remember that scene. It was when Tohru bought everyone chocolate and then like everyone realized that she couldnt pay for a class trip cuz of that. Then Kyo got really really mad and yeah....................

Dont want to ruin it for you.

But one thing I should tell u is that once Tohru's friends told the Sohma family to buy Tohru a new swimming suit. They explained that she was still wearing her middle school one, and then in the background, u see Shigeru spit out his tea. Then in the next panel, he's grabbing Tohru and crying "OMG TOHRU! WE MUST NOT LET THIS CRIME CONTINUE! WE MUST BUY YOU A NEW SWIMSUIT!"

It was really funny.
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyWed Jan 24, 2007 1:08 am

The story gets really tiring and pathetic, cause all she is doing is crying saying that "oh noes, i can't help them cure the curse."
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyWed Jan 24, 2007 9:41 am

RaymondL wrote:
The story gets really tiring and pathetic, cause all she is doing is crying saying that "oh noes, i can't help them cure the curse."

I totally agree with that, I stop reading now, and it's just repititive and boring.

It's quite unfortunate actually..... He(I think the person's a he) had a good thing going. A variety of characters and it was funny........

Oh well, he should have paced it better..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopzqPzkSxc

Another AMV, but this time a surprise is instored ~.o
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyWed Jan 24, 2007 6:04 pm

But I really like it when the characters were first introduced. Telling us the problems and history behind each character.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyWed Jan 24, 2007 8:00 pm

RaymondL wrote:
But I really like it when the characters were first introduced. Telling us the problems and history behind each character.

Yeah, I no. It was really interesting what we found out about Shigeru and all of them. And the storyline had its dark parts, like when we saw Kyo's real form and when it was revealed that they were using Tohru.
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyWed Jan 24, 2007 11:52 pm

Saw the new video. It was really good and I liked it pretty much.
It cool how it starts with Link-Midna pairing. But she has such a big helmet! How can she wear that all over the place? It's gotta be heavy. XP
That was real cool how you included actual videos of the game into the AMV. The only problem was that the in-game music and sound effects clashed with the music you were using for the whole AMV. Just a little though, so it's not too big of a deal on this one.
Your pacing is excellent on this one. Right when the song was ending, or at least getting to the best part of it; the finale, the video was coming to one of the most suspenseful moments in the game. That was really good.
I didn't get the surprise though...What was it? Or where?
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptyThu Jan 25, 2007 10:44 am

LawrenceL wrote:
Saw the new video. It was really good and I liked it pretty much.
It cool how it starts with Link-Midna pairing. But she has such a big helmet! How can she wear that all over the place? It's gotta be heavy. XP
That was real cool how you included actual videos of the game into the AMV. The only problem was that the in-game music and sound effects clashed with the music you were using for the whole AMV. Just a little though, so it's not too big of a deal on this one.
Your pacing is excellent on this one. Right when the song was ending, or at least getting to the best part of it; the finale, the video was coming to one of the most suspenseful moments in the game. That was really good.
I didn't get the surprise though...What was it? Or where?

The surpirse was that I used videos when I said it was a slideshow in the beginning xD. Now this is the first video/Slideshow I made. I mso happy. And yeah, I know that the game music clashed with the music in the back. I was glad I could edit out the part where Link reached out for Midna cuz I accidently screamed "Nooooooo" in that part *sweatdrop
But anyways, my favorite part of making this AMV was the part where the song goes "Boom!" and Hyrule castle explodes xD. And the part where Ganondorf breaks Midna's helmet and it goes "I need to hear you say" and some kind of new chord springs up just as Ganondorf breaks it. confetti
Perhaps the next time I use videos, I can figure out how to take out sound or something. And thanks for watching Lawrence. confetti
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySun Jan 28, 2007 11:44 am

My cousin is reading Ouran High School Host Club and she also watched the anime. She says the music from them are really good. (She's also got them stuck in my head.) So now, I decided to find out how the anime is really like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3DaVHeXMUg
I like the opening theme song, it's very optimistic and happy.
But about the anime, I can't tell who's a boy and who's a girl. I think Haruhi is a boy but I'm not sure. Then there's that little kid who I think is a boy also but they both look like girls. So confusing... confused2
Haha, they treat instant coffee like poison. hehe
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySun Jan 28, 2007 12:10 pm

Never mind, I just found out what gender Haruhi was. End of the first episode? That was sudden and yet still, funny. The ending song is nice also.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? EmptySun Jan 28, 2007 8:40 pm

LawrenceL wrote:
Never mind, I just found out what gender Haruhi was. End of the first episode? That was sudden and yet still, funny. The ending song is nice also.

Hey Lawrence, want to come over sometime next week? I have the PS2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know some good ones?   Anyone know some good ones? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know some good ones?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club :: Art :: Anime/Manga/Art Chatter-
Jump to: