Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The subway is a strange place.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

The subway is a strange place. Empty
PostSubject: The subway is a strange place.   The subway is a strange place. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2006 1:21 am

I hope I'm not being too harsh on weird people in the subways but I just have to tell somebody the stuff I've seen. Strange, hilarious and it's hard to keep in.

Beggars. One day when I was taking the E to Chambers-World Trade, I hear a beggar out on the other side of my cart. I hear:
"Could you please help me out? I haven't eaten in 3 days and I'm starving. Any change would be very helpful."
I assume he's really skinny but then a really fat guy squeezes his way thru the crowd and I'm like WOAH! You don't look like you're starving! He keeps walking and he's still begging. I only saw him once though.
Here's one that a few people should know. A lady in a green coat with a plastic bag and a purse comes in. She says:
"Could you please spare some change? My husband and I are living in the shelter and it's just not enough. It's always cold and there's never enough food. Any money you could spare is greatly appreciated."
I think I've seen this woman three times already and it's only been-what? two months? This one isn't much to laugh at and I do pity her but it's kinda surprising to see the same beggar 3 times in a few months. On the same E train.

Then there's hobos/homeless. They actually sleep on the subway trains. It doesn't annoy me that they take up space. It's just strange to see him like that, all over one row and nobody dares wake him up and tell him to move over. Ignored.
I think yesterday? When I was coming to stuy on the A train, I saw two people which I supposed to be homeless, his beard was long, her face was blurred with dirt. Both of their teeth were yellow and crooked outward so you could see them when they talked. It seemed that they were lovers. They talked to each other and they laughed. Strange yet interesting. I guess it's true what they say: It happens here, in the NYC subways.

Yeah....Lots of strange stuff. I'm sorry but I just had to tell someone about all the strange things I've seen. Oh! And last week, there was a churros vender at Roosevelt sometime around 4:20 ish? I thought: what the heck, I'll buy some. Other people were buying also. Again, strange but still cool.

Anyone else have some strange subway stories?
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: The subway is a strange place.   The subway is a strange place. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2006 5:28 pm

LawrenceL wrote:
I hope I'm not being too harsh on weird people in the subways but I just have to tell somebody the stuff I've seen. Strange, hilarious and it's hard to keep in.

Beggars. One day when I was taking the E to Chambers-World Trade, I hear a beggar out on the other side of my cart. I hear:
"Could you please help me out? I haven't eaten in 3 days and I'm starving. Any change would be very helpful."
I assume he's really skinny but then a really fat guy squeezes his way thru the crowd and I'm like WOAH! You don't look like you're starving! He keeps walking and he's still begging. I only saw him once though.
Here's one that a few people should know. A lady in a green coat with a plastic bag and a purse comes in. She says:
"Could you please spare some change? My husband and I are living in the shelter and it's just not enough. It's always cold and there's never enough food. Any money you could spare is greatly appreciated."
I think I've seen this woman three times already and it's only been-what? two months? This one isn't much to laugh at and I do pity her but it's kinda surprising to see the same beggar 3 times in a few months. On the same E train.

Then there's hobos/homeless. They actually sleep on the subway trains. It doesn't annoy me that they take up space. It's just strange to see him like that, all over one row and nobody dares wake him up and tell him to move over. Ignored.
I think yesterday? When I was coming to stuy on the A train, I saw two people which I supposed to be homeless, his beard was long, her face was blurred with dirt. Both of their teeth were yellow and crooked outward so you could see them when they talked. It seemed that they were lovers. They talked to each other and they laughed. Strange yet interesting. I guess it's true what they say: It happens here, in the NYC subways.

Yeah....Lots of strange stuff. I'm sorry but I just had to tell someone about all the strange things I've seen. Oh! And last week, there was a churros vender at Roosevelt sometime around 4:20 ish? I thought: what the heck, I'll buy some. Other people were buying also. Again, strange but still cool.

Anyone else have some strange subway stories?

Ive seen the lady that says "My husband and I are living in Shelters and any amount of change will be greatly appreciated" be4 but that's really about it. Any ways, you're awake at 12 am?! How could u stay up so late and still be energized for the next day? Jeez!
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: The subway is a strange place.   The subway is a strange place. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2006 6:05 pm

NancyC wrote:
Any ways, you're awake at 12 am?! How could u stay up so late and still be energized for the next day? Jeez!

Uh...I had homework to do. Remember I said:
"Well, I gotta get home. Lots to do." I meant it when I said it.
Dr. Runcie gave us alot of Bio worksheets to do. They take a while to finish. She's also giving us more during the Christmas break.

So yeah...I wonder if this will even be considered a Christmas break if there's no rest involved.

P.S. Nice avatar by the way. It's Heartless Sora!
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: The subway is a strange place.   The subway is a strange place. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2006 6:46 pm

LawrenceL wrote:
NancyC wrote:
Any ways, you're awake at 12 am?! How could u stay up so late and still be energized for the next day? Jeez!

Dr. Runcie gave us alot of Bio worksheets to do. They take a while to finish. She's also giving us more during the Christmas break.

So yeah...I wonder if this will even be considered a Christmas break if there's no rest involved.

Shadow Form Sora actually...but anyways...yeah, the subway can get pretty bustly with beggers...the only kind I like are the ones who earn thier money...like the musicians. At least they're enjoyable. But I can understand those who don't have any skills like that...course, I'm still too poor anyway. Besides, its hard to tell them apart from scammers.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: The subway is a strange place.   The subway is a strange place. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2006 7:23 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
LawrenceL wrote:
NancyC wrote:

Shadow Form Sora actually...but anyways...yeah, the subway can get pretty bustly with beggers...the only kind I like are the ones who earn thier money...like the musicians. At least they're enjoyable. But I can understand those who don't have any skills like that...course, I'm still too poor anyway. Besides, its hard to tell them apart from scammers.

Lol, I agree. The ones with skills at least are sometimes enjoyable. Except this one time this lady at Lexington was playing some sort of a thin metal sheet which sounded like a woman wailing huh but it was interesting to say the least.
Once we saw these two black guys do street dancing and it was pretty cool, but well, no gave them money cuz it seemed awkward, and they looked mad pale
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: The subway is a strange place.   The subway is a strange place. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2006 7:43 pm

NancyC wrote:

Once we saw these two black guys do street dancing and it was pretty cool, but well, no gave them money cuz it seemed awkward, and they looked mad pale

Oh! I remember that one! They turned this boombox onto a terrible rap music and started break-dancing in the train cart and it was horrendous!

NancyC wrote:
The ones with skills at least are sometimes enjoyable.
YinlerthaiC wrote:
...the only kind I like are the ones who earn thier money...like the musicians. At least they're enjoyable.

Yep, same here. The musicians are probably not even 100% focused on money but more like showing off skills and some of them have excellent skills. Pity I don't have change wherever I go. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: The subway is a strange place.   The subway is a strange place. EmptySat Dec 23, 2006 1:19 am

A lot of break dancers now bring cute widdle liddle kids to the performance, so they can a few more bucks and change.
Back to top Go down
EhteshC
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: There are many things going on in the subways...   The subway is a strange place. EmptySat Jan 06, 2007 12:32 am

Just look at this:
http://www.improveverywhere.com/mission_view.php?mission_id=54
Furthermore... it's an annual thing, so you can bet they're doing it this year again. More specifically, on January 13th. I can't believe they got arrested though...
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: The subway is a strange place.   The subway is a strange place. EmptySat Jan 06, 2007 1:45 pm

wow. I read the whole thing and its hilarious. But this is in Brooklyn isnt it? The farthest into Manhattan is 59 th which should be somewhere in North Manhattan.

But still, that's hilarious. I showed my brother and he couldnt stop laughing. Sweet link. ^__^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The subway is a strange place.   The subway is a strange place. Empty

Back to top Go down

The subway is a strange place.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club :: Other :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: