Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?

Go down 
+2
HelenX
EhteshC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EhteshC
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-10-15

Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? Empty
PostSubject: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptySun Jan 07, 2007 7:08 pm

Okay... so I'm really out for some good romance manga, but it's been hard to find one with a good plot + length. I've found a lot of good short romances (below 5 volumes) and some marvelously long ones (18+), but I'm still looking for more and more! Especially since I have to wait for both Suzuka and Parfait Tic to release every week (It's a big change from reading 150 chapters in a day to 2 or 3 a week :\)... what romances do you guys like that I could probably pick up?

Let's see... I haven't read that many... but here are some of the ones I have:

Love Hina - Who hasn't read this? But there's no real plot development

Kare Kano (Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou) - pretty great; I'm still in the process of reading past volume 13... but I don't feel like I need to finish reading it yet

Pastel - UGH, I can't stand it now, but it started off really good (in the steps of Love Hina)

Parallel - A much better manga in comparison to Pastel (both from the same author)

BAH, I know there's a lot more I've read... they just don't come to mind!
Speaking of which... wasn't there a manga that Helen recommended... (something like Lovely A or the other?)

C'mon guys, recommend me something!
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptySun Jan 07, 2007 8:25 pm

lols
Special A by Maki Minami
You're my Girlfriend by Maki Minami
^ weird titles but i find those two to be hilarious and cute at the same time. they have beautiful art as well
BxB Brothers
Vampire Knight
Kill Me, Kiss Me - the art is pretty bad in the beginning but the artist improves dramatically later on.

i duno if they're 'romancy' enough for you though. lol shrug. i liked them.
direct download at www.mangatemple.com you just have to sign up. it's free though

do you know where to download parfait tic past vol15ch1?
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 7:10 pm

hmmm well, I just read Open Sesame lols. I think I'll suggest that to you :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 7:46 pm

Hm... well, do u like hot guys? (what grl doesnt?) xD

Well, my friend would probably recommend Absolute Boyfriend? Ever heard of it? I read the first volume and it isnt bad, but I just cant stand the main character xP (Jeez, it's the same complex problem I have with Risa from DN Angel). Bleh, annoying girl paired up to a too good guy.

Anyways, u get a taste of a looooooooooot of romance in that one.
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 1:06 am

Shoujo ftw!
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:53 pm

RaymondL wrote:
Shoujo ftw!
haha then two of my favorite shoujos have gotta be Demon Diary and Angel Diary wink
Back to top Go down
EhteshC
Villager
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 11:22 pm

Ooookay late response to Nancy, but yes, I have read Absolute Boyfriend some two weeks back. I also don't like the main female character... paired up to two good guys?! I understand that no one else likes her and everything and her life is in shambles, but then how does she suddenly fall in love with her family friend after.... what, 7+ years?

And the absolute boyfriend thing is interesting, but it kinda reminds me of Chobits... uugh Chobits :(. And he's just too perfect that there's no development of anything besides his relationship and learning how to be a partner. It's an interesting storyline, but it could be done better by adding another dimension or random subject... It's too one dimensional for my enjoyment :x.

Also, more recently, have any of you read Love Roma? You guys have to read it! It's a hillarious romantic comedy that does not follow in the footsteps of others. How is it different? It is about awkward situations and the main male character approaching them head on. He's kind of clueless but he makes up for any cluelessness with brutal, and I mean brutal honesty. He compliments on Negishi being strong like a man, having some of the worst cooking ever, etc. etc, all done with a kind of attached "duh what do you expect me to be? romantic and lying?"

I can't really explain it, but you guys should read it for yourself.
Yes, yourself!
Back to top Go down
EhteshC
Villager
Villager

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 10:52 pm

So it seems that Volumes 14-19 of Kare Kano is just one big story/flashback that fleshes out the main male's past... an enjoyable post child abuse recalling sort of thing to read. Have any of you read it?
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 8:55 am

*twitch twitch* two more weeks till i can read manga again...

absolute boyfriend was...mediocre-good. pretty funny at times but yea, not much development
chobits was just pretty lol. that's the only reason i read it
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Han and Ehtesh had some pretty good ones.
Love Roma is really funny. I really liked it, but what was funny also was the drawing style. But I bet if I tried to draw original, mine would suck even worse than that. =P The last I read was the journalist girl who writes fake stories about Hoshino and Negishi. I don't know where I can find the rest. I guess I have to wait?
Open Sesame is good too. I thought it would be a bad one but I can't stop reading it. I mean, every chapter leaves you hanging with something new to wonder about. It was really confusing what kind of person Mogami was at the beginning but a few chapters later, it gets cleared up.
I'm thinking about reading Angel Diary...I dunno. My cousin borrowed the first volume from a library and she showed me the first few pages and then I just skimmed the rest. Tell me if I'm wrong. Is it about a princess who hides as a boy in school to avoid marrying a demon? I sound reeeally off. xP3
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 11:54 pm

hmm...

Pretty Face
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 5:56 pm

RaymondL wrote:
hmm...

Pretty Face
After Pretty Face, is Mx0 =)

and ya, Lawrence, it's about a princess hiding on earth :p but uhh there's a lot more humorous and complciated situations than that. Read it! :p
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 9:31 pm

angel diary was amusing xD
um and i just read Girl Got Game recently, also known as Power!! before it was licensed by tokyopop.
link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?   Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick? Empty

Back to top Go down

Romance Manga/Anime... what's your pick?
Page 1 of 1