Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies Empty
PostSubject: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 11:13 pm

waiii~ I just watched Howl's Moving Castle. It's soo good. I love Studio Ghibli movies~~~~ heart2 heart2 heart2 iono...they're different and unique and always leaves me with a warm feeling afterwards. i didn't really get the ending though....was it really THAT simple or was there some kind of deeper meaning that i missed x_x;;; orz. but overall, it was just wonderfullll

other awesome studio ghibli movies: princess mononoke, kiki's delivery service, laputa....

hm....my obsession with flying is coming back.. gahhh..i wana fly like howl or kiki T___T i always get dreams of my learning how to fly or me simply flying <333
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 11:55 pm

Yeah, I loved that movie too (and I almost saw all of the other ones)

My fav is still Spirited Away though.The Chinese version is like, THE BEST!!!! Princess Monoke is also a favorite, but it was really really violent. lol, blood spilled like, everywhere. I actually didn't really Kiki's delivery Service. Kinda pointless, but still heart warming lol.

Di you see Castle in the Sky and Valley of Nausicca? Those were pretty good too.

Howl = Hotness (especially when he got black hair lol)
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 9:41 am

Yeah, whoever makes those movies is or are master(s). I only saw Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.
Helen, did you see Spirited Away? You didn't mention it. Oh, and Laputa is the Castle in the Sky.
The ending? I can't remember what happened. I think they went and visited Howl's past self? I can't remember too well.
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 9:42 am

What about My Neighbor Totorro?
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 10:13 am

yea i watched spirited away too. it was good too.
i actually never finished watching kiki's delivery service or don't remember 'cause i watched it when i was reallyyy little. i just remember there was a cute cat and that i wanted kiki's broom. xD
i only watched parts of naussicca, laputa: castle in the sky, and my neighbor totoro... don't really remember their storylines x_x;
oh, here's a list of all the studio ghibli movies: http://www.onlineghibli.com/films.php
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 5:21 pm

Howl's Moving Castle was a pretty awesome movie by itself, but I really enjoyed the book better. The book was soo much cuter (in a sense). But yeah, Howl's awesome.

Never forget the name of Hayao Miyazaki!! He's the one responsible for so much Ghibli goodness. At least most of them, anyway.

I've watched every single Miyazaki/Ghibli film...EXCEPT for the latest one, which was directed by his son. t's called Gedo Senki (rouhly translates to "Ged's War Chronicles), or the Tales of Earthsea. It hasn't come out in America yet, but I still wanna watch it. *sniff* You people should see the trailer at least. xD

Soo...anybody watched Whisper of the Heart? That one was pretty cute (especially in Cantonese *coughcough*). Oh, but I really liked The Cat Returns....maybe cuz I like cats. nod
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptyMon Mar 12, 2007 3:34 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
Oh, but I really liked The Cat Returns....maybe cuz I like cats. nod
Oh! He created The Cat Returns too? I never watched it but I've seen the cover of the box. My dad had it Cantonese but I never watched it. Just to check: is it about a cat in a suit and top hat?
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptyMon Mar 12, 2007 6:10 pm

LawrenceL wrote:
YinlerthaiC. wrote:
Oh, but I really liked The Cat Returns....maybe cuz I like cats. nod
Oh! He created The Cat Returns too? I never watched it but I've seen the cover of the box. My dad had it Cantonese but I never watched it. Just to check: is it about a cat in a suit and top hat?

Yeah. Mr. Baron the Cat...or was it the Mr.Cat the Baron? Eh, same thing. Gotta love Cantonese!! hyper And cats who walk on two legs.

Oh, just a side note, the same cat appears in Whisper of the Heart too. This was because Whisper of the Heart came out first, and stuff happens in the movie that fans liked, and so Mr. Miyazaki decided to take the ideas in those parts of the movie and make another movie out of them. Thus was born: The Cat Returns. punch
Back to top Go down
EhteshC
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 9:06 pm

Princess Mononoke was my favorite >_>. I've seen Howl's Moving Castle and Nausicaa but I think Mononoke was the best out of those 3. But there's always one thing that bugs me... the Studio Ghibli movies never feel complete, storywise. They're fun to watch but I think the plot is toooo short. They're more like Winnie the Pooh (For those of you that don't like Winnie the Pooh, back off D:) goodiness than serious drama plot goodiness.

Mooooore story!
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 9:43 pm

yea i know what you mean by a lack of a solid story. they usually leave you to fill in a lot of holes and find the hidden meanings yourself.. butbut, they still make me happy when i watch them =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies   Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Howl's Moving Castle & other Studio Ghiblis movies
Page 1 of 1