Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

U.S. Makes All Manga Overated

Go down 
+4
Monika
Han
RaymondL
Ting Chiang C.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ting Chiang C.
Villager
Villager
Ting Chiang C.

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-10-07

U.S. Makes All Manga Overated Empty
PostSubject: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 6:06 pm

Seriously the US makes practically all jap. etc manga/anime ,etc overated

Prime example : Naruto

They Killed All The Voices I Think They Have Several People That Was Just Pulled Of The Street I'm Thinking 3 Guys To Cover Well The Guys and One girl to cover all the..... Girls.
The US makes crappy little toys saying it's based of the anime and what ever........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... sad2 ........... shock huh . ^__^ victory ...........................................................For All That Are Wondering Why I'm Doing This, I Am Just Bored................................................................

U.S. Makes All Manga Overated 060524jr0.th
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyTue Oct 10, 2006 3:03 pm

Just for your information, for all those who have watched and seen the Japanese version knows this already.
Back to top Go down
Han
Mage
Mage
Han

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyThu Oct 12, 2006 6:10 pm

that's why I love subbed animes better for the most part
Back to top Go down
http://www.betradom.deviantart.com
Monika
President
President
Monika

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyThu Oct 12, 2006 6:17 pm

Shyeah. Seriously. Subbed anime voices really piss me off with their stupidity. They rarely match the character (if at all).
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/monstika
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyThu Oct 12, 2006 6:45 pm

um subs rock. the original japanese voices are awesome. dubs suck.
to clear any confusion: subs-subtitles only. dubs-they voice it over in english

btw, i really like the artist in that everafter pic. i watch him on deviantart all the time. he draws such clean and detailed drawings *__*
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
Sakai Yuji
Villager
Villager
Sakai Yuji

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyThu Oct 12, 2006 7:55 pm

You might be surprised how many people might disagree with you. One such good dub would be Cowboy Bebop, or Chrno Crusade. It's only the anime with the really "exotic" voices that the dubs start sucking. Aside from that, dubs are pretty decent. One thing about american voice actors is that they're overly enthusiastic, which really doesn't fit for some situations. However, it's still pretty decent. Try watching an anime that you haven't watched yet in english. Then watch it in japanese. Your opinion might change.
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyThu Oct 12, 2006 8:27 pm

Well it depends on each person;s taste, for me, I prefer Japanese over any dubbing
Back to top Go down
FayC
Villager
Villager

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2006-09-30

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyFri Oct 13, 2006 9:14 pm

COOOLLL DOES ANYONE OFFER FREE SUBS AND UBS CUZ I CAN WATCH ALL THAT blush sorry sad2 angry sad confused huh beer ^__^ HEHEHEHEHEHHEEHHEHEHEHEHEH AND DELIVER ME A DVR OR SOMETHINGSSS I THINK I ONLY LIKE TO WATCH JAPANESE MANGA IN ASIAN VERSION RATHER THAN ENGLISH CUZ IT'S MORE SCARY AND EXCITING beer hehe victory
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 10:17 am

Could you not post in caps plz, Fay?
Back to top Go down
Ting Chiang C.
Villager
Villager
Ting Chiang C.

PostSubject: 78 posts now   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyTue Oct 17, 2006 8:54 pm

meh i don't care i'm bored right now
Back to top Go down
Ting Chiang C.
Villager
Villager
Ting Chiang C.

PostSubject: My bad   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptyTue Oct 17, 2006 8:55 pm

oops it's # of times it was viewed my bad
Back to top Go down
JackyL
Villager
Villager
JackyL

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated EmptySat Nov 11, 2006 4:49 pm

subs are da best becuz of 3 reasons...

1) japanese voices are better than da english voices <--- da girls sound like guys... pale
2) it makes learning japanese better
3) you could watch it w/o sound

and also in dubs, japanese anime gets amricanized.... :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Makes All Manga Overated   U.S. Makes All Manga Overated Empty

Back to top Go down

U.S. Makes All Manga Overated
Page 1 of 1