Stuyvesant Mangaka Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stuyvesant Mangaka Club

show some love for manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!

Go down 
+5
LawrenceL
RaymondL
HelenX
YinlerthaiC.
NancyC
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-10-01

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! Empty
PostSubject: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 8:19 pm

Yeah, Yin and I are kinda spamming the fanart section, so let's talk about it here. We were just talking about SSBB! If any of u don't know what it is, check it out on youtube. It's totally awesome.
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 8:27 pm

To the fanart people..please forgive us.

Anyway, yea, I'm just so enrapturd by SSBB, I can't even think straight. It's just...so cool-looking! I haven't been this excited since my first glimpse of Twilight Princess...but TP's out now, and I've beaten it, and its cool...and I'm replayng it...but still!

Smash Brawl!

Also, the latest video ended with Fox returning o the list of avaliable characters. Any ideas who else might be in?
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 8:30 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
To the fanart people..please forgive us.

Anyway, yea, I'm just so enrapturd by SSBB, I can't even think straight. It's just...so cool-looking! I haven't been this excited since my first glimpse of Twilight Princess...but TP's out now, and I've beaten it, and its cool...and I'm replayng it...but still!

Smash Brawl!

Also, the latest video ended with Fox returning o the list of avaliable characters. Any ideas who else might be in?

Well, I heard from somewhere that there's going to a Fire Emblem stage, so Marth and Roy <3 will PROBABLY return. Dunno. And btw, sry to all u Fox fans out there, I dont like his new look. That hard glare he had in SSBM was the best look. Now he looks kinda deformed. Sry, but that's how I feel.

And YOU HAVE ALREADY BEATEN IT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, 70 hours of gameplay and u pulled this off in your Junior Year. Everyone clap for Yin. *clap clap
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 8:39 pm

NancyC wrote:

Well, I heard from somewhere that there's going to a Fire Emblem stage, so Marth and Roy <3 will PROBABLY return. Dunno. And btw, sry to all u Fox fans out there, I dont like his new look. That hard glare he had in SSBM was the best look. Now he looks kinda deformed. Sry, but that's how I feel.

Wow, 70 hours of gameplay and u pulled this off in your Junior Year. Everyone clap for Yin. *clap clap

I agree with you on Fox...his new look looks...almost cute...which is NOT the way Fox McCloud should look! He's supposed to be cool! Course, he seems jumpier in Brawl now, but I dunno. And I've been drifting in gaming forums lately, where a majority speculate Roy's gonna get kicked off...just cuz he's "a clone of Marth" and he's just an ad for a game that has now already been released. Even so...No!!! I like Roy! Keep Roy, and kick Marth off instead! But I have no substantial argument to back this claim up, so I'll just be ignored, yes?

As for TP...no, I don't need applause. I beat it in 37 hours and 29 minutes (according tothe total playtime)...so its no big deal. But...I only have Thanksgiving break to thank for having the time to accoplish it in Junior year...Be thankful in Thanksgiving! wink
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 8:47 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
NancyC wrote:

I agree with you on Fox...his new look looks...almost cute...which is NOT the way Fox McCloud should look! He's supposed to be cool! Course, he seems jumpier in Brawl now, but I dunno. And I've been drifting in gaming forums lately, where a majority speculate Roy's gonna get kicked off...just cuz he's "a clone of Marth" and he's just an ad for a game that has now already been released. Even so...No!!! I like Roy! Keep Roy, and kick Marth off instead! But I have no substantial argument to back this claim up, so I'll just be ignored, yes?

As for TP...no, I don't need applause. I beat it in 37 hours and 29 minutes (according tothe total playtime)...so its no big deal. But...I only have Thanksgiving break to thank for having the time to accoplish it in Junior year...Be thankful in Thanksgiving! wink

Lol, Ill remind myself to give thanks for extra time next Thanksgiving xD. Yeah, if they DO kick off Roy, Ill cry, unless they bring in at least another Fire Emblem character like Ike or Eliwood. Otherwise, NO! Keep Roy.
As for TP, I didnt even start. Bleh
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 10:06 pm

wahhh... i don't have any games. *feels sad* my parents refuse to buy me games. they don't even let me use my own money to buy games.
the only games i play are online games like rakion. i used to play maplestory, rose, and gunbound but those got boring. but rakion is totally awesome and it's 3D. xD but i had to delete the game from my computer because i was getting too addicted to it >.>;;
i also want to try playing lineageII when i get time...(which won't be until the summer...)
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 10:24 pm

HelenX wrote:
wahhh... i don't have any games. *feels sad* my parents refuse to buy me games. they don't even let me use my own money to buy games.
the only games i play are online games like rakion. i used to play maplestory, rose, and gunbound but those got boring. but rakion is totally awesome and it's 3D. xD but i had to delete the game from my computer because i was getting too addicted to it >.>;;
i also want to try playing lineageII when i get time...(which won't be until the summer...)

No offense to your parents, but that's a CRIME! Not allowing your child to buy games. CRIME I SAY. angry OK OK maybe Im over reacting, but games are so cool. They do NOT necessarily teach kids violence. TV more or less does it, not games. And dont u dare tell me that games are a WASTE OF TIME, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!! angry
Plz, everything in life is technically a waste of time. We're all going to die one day, so w/e! I remember reading that Robert Ebert said that games were a waste of time. Well excuse Mister, movies are too!

Games rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RaymondL
Prior Secretary
Prior Secretary
RaymondL

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 10:42 pm

MMOs ftw
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Our favorite things besides art is..games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 10:42 pm

Yeah, I'm such a hypocrite for saying what I'm about to.

It's an endless cycle for the generation of today. Kids play away childhood at games TV, the Net, and movies. Then when we grow up and get jobs, it'll be so boring most of the time. At middle age, we'd be wishing we didnt play away the childhood. Then the children do the same exact thing. XD

But for now, I dont care and I cant resist...on with the games! XD

Nancy-san! The avatar you have now! I recognize it! Yay. now that, was short-lived. =)
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 10:44 pm

LawrenceL wrote:
Yeah, I'm such a hypocrite for saying what I'm about to.

It's an endless cycle for the generation of today. Kids play away childhood at games TV, the Net, and movies. Then when we grow up and get jobs, it'll be so boring most of the time. At middle age, we'd be wishing we didnt play away the childhood. Then the children do the same exact thing. XD

But for now, I dont care and I cant resist...on with the games! XD

Nancy-san! The avatar you have now! I recognize it! Yay. now that, was short-lived. =)

Wow, I know. You're like, one of the new ppl who posted today. I posted ALL DAY long today. Yeah, I was like websurfing for Daisuke and Riku pics. I found the ones u mentioned, but I dont think I can afford to print them. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
HelenX
Prior President
Prior President
HelenX

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 10:45 pm

lols yea...my parents say they're a waste of time and that i should be doing hw instead >__>
what's "mmo" ray?
Back to top Go down
http://kittyx3.deviantart.com
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 10:52 pm

Nancy, just to let you know, I finished the Shadow Temple of the Ocarina of Time. It was scary and now i dont know if i can sleep. shock

It took forever to figure out how to get across the gap and into the boss room. I saw the bomb flowers and i tried hookshotting it. Failure. I tried moving across the hasm with the hover boots. I spent like half an hour doing this. Then Navi is pointing at the ground so I figure I have to call upon the scarecrow. I go and do it. Waste of 15 minutes.
then wyatt wakes up and its like nine o clock. he says light the bomb as soon as he sees the situation. I fire a fire arrow and the bombs blow up to make a bridge out of the statue. I slap myself. "idiot" he says.
My own bro is smarter than me... sad2
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySat Dec 02, 2006 11:02 pm

LawrenceL wrote:
Nancy, just to let you know, I finished the Shadow Temple of the Ocarina of Time. It was scary and now i dont know if i can sleep. shock

It took forever to figure out how to get across the gap and into the boss room. I saw the bomb flowers and i tried hookshotting it. Failure. I tried moving across the hasm with the hover boots. I spent like half an hour doing this. Then Navi is pointing at the ground so I figure I have to call upon the scarecrow. I go and do it. Waste of 15 minutes.
then wyatt wakes up and its like nine o clock. he says light the bomb as soon as he sees the situation. I fire a fire arrow and the bombs blow up to make a bridge out of the statue. I slap myself. "idiot" he says.
My own bro is smarter than me... sad2

ROFL Wow, your brother is a pretty damn good player lol. Yeah, it was really scary for me the first time around. Hope u can sleep though *pat pat pat

Oh U went to get thefire arrows. Phew. I sometimes forget myself. Any ways, Im glad u got that over with. The next temple is really nice. NOt scary
Back to top Go down
LawrenceL
Mage
Mage
LawrenceL

PostSubject: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 2:57 pm

It is Sunday, 12-03-2006, and 13:49.
I just beat the game for Ocarina of Time! But it's not 100%.
I only have 45 skulltulas, no ice arrows, no nayru's love, missing like 8 heart containers. Which is 32 pieces! missiing 3 bottles. I think that's it. Wow, i'm missing alot.

Link's a monster when he gets the gold gauntlets! That was a little creepy. shock
The spirit temple was easy and so was the boss twinrova.

ganon's castle was easy too. but the first part of the ganondorf fight was tough. i had no fairies and i wasnt ready for that fight. died. tried again with 3 fairies full aroows and magic. lost one fairy.
when it came to the last ganon, it was easy, but i didnt know you had to finish him with the master sword. so there i was, jump slashing the tail like 30 times with the biggoron sword and wondering when he was gonna die. wyatt comes in and he says that you have to kill him with the master sword. one more jump slash and he's dead. wyatt outsmarted me again! angry
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 3:26 pm

Oo...I've fallen...behind...

To Nancy: I've heard speculation that either Ike or Lyn form FE will replace Roy in SSBB, so don't worry. FE shall live on! I hope..
To Helen: MMO stands for Mass-Multiplayer Online...short for online games...like MapleStory or something...or FFXI...
And video games aren't a waste of time! It's a form of entertainment. It's like saying playing baseball is a waste of time, or watching movies on the weekend is a waste of time. Besides...now that we have games that make you exercise (like DDR and WiiSports) we have even more substantial arguments for protecting the rights of video gamers!! (oh dear...I ranted) sorry Forgive me...I'm not ranting at you Helen.
To Lawrence: Yay, Ocarina of Time! I haven't played in years...but I do remember the happiness when I was playing it...and the Water Temple...grah, the memories of that place... huh
Congrats by the way. nd yes...you are missing a lot of things that would've made life so much easier and fun...but tis no big deal. wink

To the Rant-Gods:
I still don't understand how silly people can be for arguing that violence in video games make kids go off and kill people. It's absolute lunacy I say! If parents are saying thier kid went and shot someone right after playing GTA or something, then thier kid has a mental problem, don't blame the game.
Besides...games can be educational; they teach you vocabulary (hmm, what is an ocarina? Oo, so THATs what it is)... xD
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 7:39 am

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
Oo...I've fallen...behind...

To Nancy: I've heard speculation that either Ike or Lyn form FE will replace Roy in SSBB, so don't worry. FE shall live on! I hope..
To Helen: MMO stands for Mass-Multiplayer Online...short for online games...like MapleStory or something...or FFXI...
And video games aren't a waste of time! It's a form of entertainment. It's like saying playing baseball is a waste of time, or watching movies on the weekend is a waste of time. Besides...now that we have games that make you exercise (like DDR and WiiSports) we have even more substantial arguments for protecting the rights of video gamers!! (oh dear...I ranted) sorry Forgive me...I'm not ranting at you Helen.
To Lawrence: Yay, Ocarina of Time! I haven't played in years...but I do remember the happiness when I was playing it...and the Water Temple...grah, the memories of that place... huh
Congrats by the way. nd yes...you are missing a lot of things that would've made life so much easier and fun...but tis no big deal. wink

To the Rant-Gods:
I still don't understand how silly people can be for arguing that violence in video games make kids go off and kill people. It's absolute lunacy I say! If parents are saying thier kid went and shot someone right after playing GTA or something, then thier kid has a mental problem, don't blame the game.
Besides...games can be educational; they teach you vocabulary (hmm, what is an ocarina? Oo, so THATs what it is)... xD

Sigh, I still like Roy better than any character they may bring in, so Im still hoping.
And how many games didnt you play before? Lol

(Man, I didnt post at all yesterday Lol.)
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 5:55 pm

Ehehe...I guess I play too many games, ne...

If I had to answer tha question...I'd say a lot. Because video games were made before I was born. xD Sometimes I envy the old-bies. But then, I must pick up with my own generation! Raah! But old games are fun too...and new games...

I enjoy playing all kinds of games except racing and sports...unless its Mario Kart. That racing game is an exception.

I rant yet agaiN!! For sorry give me.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 8:34 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
Ehehe...I guess I play too many games, ne...

If I had to answer tha question...I'd say a lot. Because video games were made before I was born. xD Sometimes I envy the old-bies. But then, I must pick up with my own generation! Raah! But old games are fun too...and new games...

I enjoy playing all kinds of games except racing and sports...unless its Mario Kart. That racing game is an exception.

I rant yet agaiN!! For sorry give me.

You're not ranting. It's really nice to know that grls are starting to play video games now. Any ways, you know something really amusing yet strange at the same time? Im obsessed with the new SSBB trailer, and I LOVE PIT! xD
And in History, Im learning about the Greeks, and whenever we have our lessons, all I think about is Pit lol. I guess he's my inspiration to do well in History huh
My History grade was the lowest of all my grades.............. sad2
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 10:41 pm

Aha! I'm obessed with the new SSBB movie too! It's so pretty and cool and awesome!! xD xD

And it looks fun. I can't wait until March... sad2 Oh! But then I can have an excuse to get SSBB...it's my birthday! Mwahahaha!

Yay, Greeks! Yay, Pit! Aw, don't worry. I got pretty low in my History too...US History...argh.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 11:09 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
Aha! I'm obessed with the new SSBB movie too! It's so pretty and cool and awesome!! xD xD

And it looks fun. I can't wait until March... sad2 Oh! But then I can have an excuse to get SSBB...it's my birthday! Mwahahaha!

Yay, Greeks! Yay, Pit! Aw, don't worry. I got pretty low in my History too...US History...argh.

Oh, your B-day is in March? Cool! Tell me what day so I can say Happy B-day xD!
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyTue Dec 05, 2006 10:00 pm

Ah, no no, its okay. I'm keeping it a secret. sorry X ]

PS: getting every single Piece of Heart in LoZ is very fun...yes indeed.
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyWed Dec 06, 2006 6:51 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:

I feel that it's on a "Purple day" or a "Green Day", meaning I think it's on a day that either has a four in it or a three in it xD xP xP Im probably wrong like usual, but yeah, just saying.

Ill find out, trust me. Oh yeah, do u take Japanese?
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyWed Dec 06, 2006 8:05 pm

NancyC wrote:
YinlerthaiC. wrote:

I feel that it's on a "Purple day" or a "Green Day", meaning I think it's on a day that either has a four in it or a three in it xD xP xP Im probably wrong like usual, but yeah, just saying.

To be blunt...yes, you are wrong.

And to answer that question. I did last year. I want to next term. I am self-studying right now because I had to drop it this term because my scedule was too full. But I go to tutoring and sensei helps me along, so in a way, maybe yes but no.

What a ridiculously complicated answer, yes?
Back to top Go down
NancyC
Mage
Mage
NancyC

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 5:06 pm

YinlerthaiC. wrote:
NancyC wrote:
YinlerthaiC. wrote:

To be blunt...yes, you are wrong.

And to answer that question. I did last year. I want to next term. I am self-studying right now because I had to drop it this term because my scedule was too full. But I go to tutoring and sensei helps me along, so in a way, maybe yes but no.

What a ridiculously complicated answer, yes?

Funny thing it is that we're learning more and more about each other xD. Lol, Im just like the Japanese Textbook : Nosy

Guess I was wrong. Oh well. Maybe it's on a Blue day xD. (by that, I mean a number with 2 in it).
Back to top Go down
YinlerthaiC.
Mage
Mage
YinlerthaiC.

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 7:59 pm

Nope. But good try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!   Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games! Empty

Back to top Go down

Our favorite things besides Art is.... Games!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next